Dear Prospective Tenant:
Thank you for choosing HARBOR BAY REALTY to assist you in locating rental housing. Listed below is our application procedure and screening policy.
In order to process your application the following information must be provided:
- A completed rental application for each person, over 18 years of age, who will occupy the unit. Please complete all lines and sign and date the application at the bottom.
- Reliable DOCUMENTATION and telephone numbers to verify all income and references. NO EXECEPTIONS
- EMPLOYED, we require your most current pay
- SELF-EMPLOYED, we require a copy of last year's income tax returns (the first two pages, Form 1040).
- OTHER income such as retirement, AFDC, SDI, or other must have reliable documentation.
- An application processing fee of $25.00 per person over 18 years of age. This is a non-refundable fee.
We will start processing your application immediately upon receipt of a completed application and the $25.00 processing fee.
Incomplete applications without the processing fee will not be processed.
- Qualifying income standard: Monthly rent x 3 = applicant's monthly income. Multiply monthly rent of property applying for times three; if your monthly income equals this amount, you meet the qualifying income standard.
- Good credit, as evidenced by Equifax credit report. (i.e.: no charge off accounts, collection accounts, 60 or 90 day delinquencies, etc.)
- Good landlord references. Current and previous landlords will be contacted via telephone to verify rent payment history and tenancy history.
- Occupancy guidelines: Two persons per bedroom plus one person (HUD occupancy standards).
- Harbor Bay Realty adheres to all Fair Housing laws and will not "discriminate against any person in terms, conditions or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, or in the provisions of services or facilities in connection therewith, because of race, color, religion, sex, familial status or national origin." (1988 Fair Housing Amendments Acts.)
PROCESSING AND SCREENING:
- Processing time is approximately two business days. (This is subject to HBR receiving landlord verifications.) An incomplete application will delay or prevent processing.
- All applications will be presented to the property owner or owner's agent for approval. Every effort will be made to present applications within 24 hours of completing the processing of all applications received for a specific property. All applications will be submitted to the property owner or owner's agent for final tenant selection.
- Once an application has been accepted, all monies due (first month's rent, security deposit and leasing fee) and an executed residential lease agreement must be received within three days of acceptance.
- Initial payment of rent, security deposit and leasing fee must be in the form of a CASHIER'S CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR TRAVELER'S CHECKS.
- A property is considered rented only when all required deposits and fees have been paid and a residential lease agreement has been executed by all residents and the property owner or owner's agent.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to call our Rental Department at 510.523.1144.
Thank you. We look forward to working with you!
Please click the icon below to fill out our online Rental Application.
HARBOR BAY REALTY'S RENTAL FEE IS 30% OF ONE MONTH'S RENT.
(IMPORTANT: APPLICATIONS ARE NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT PROOF OF INCOME)